Satcom Direct’s CyberSAFE course offering educates users about technology-related risks and their responsibilities as an end-user in protecting organizations from them.
It’s surprising how little thought many of us give to cyber security in our day-to-day actions especially when ransomware attacks have increased (each day) 300% when you compare 2015 to 2016. Human error has been identified as the leading cause of cyber security incidents and end-user education is one of the top ways to prevent network infection. Something as innocent as opening an email, clicking on unsafe links, or even using an infected USB drive in a network computer, can result in a serious breach. CyberSAFE will help users to understand security compliance considerations, social engineering, malware, and various other data-security-related concepts.
Coursework and Assessment
In this course, users will identify many of the common risks involved in using conventional end-user technology, such as web browsing, as well as ways to use them safely, to protect yourself from risks.
CyberSAFE focus is on three (3) areas:
- Identify the need for security
- Secure devices like desktops, laptops, smartphones, and more
- Secure your use of the Internet
This course will prepare individuals for the Certified CyberSAFE credential, obtained by completing training and brief assessment.
Course Length and Format
- 2-3 hours via SD’s Learning Management System (LMS)
- Online, self-paced
Who Should Attend?
- End-users (technical and non-technical) of computers, mobile devices, networks, and the Internet, who want to learn how to use technology safely and securely, minimize digital risks and ensure company compliance.
This course is a component of the SD Cyber Security Solutions Risk Assessment process for flight departments.
For more information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at +1 321 777 3000.