The Best Inflight Internet Experience
The Satcom Direct Router (SDR®) and Gateway allow you to manage all onboard communications enabled on the aircraft: L, Ku, Ka, and X-band satellite, 3G/4G/LTE, and Wi-Fi. Advanced optimization and customization of the onboard network delivers the best inflight internet experience for pilots and passengers to stay productive on their devices at every altitude. And seamless switching between your satellite network in flight and cellular networks on the ground ensure the most cost-effective communications.
Beyond the cabin, the SDR collects aircraft performance data for integration into flight operations management tools, including telemetry and position data, fuel indications, and operational parameters. Flight operations teams have complete, real-time visibility of onboard network use and performance in the SDR module of our SD Pro communications and operations platform. And complete control over network management to optimize use of bandwidth.
Satcom Direct Router (SDR®)
- Satellite-ready solution for L-Band, Ku-Band, Ka-Band, and ATG communications
- Gigabit Ethernet support for WAN, LAN, and cabin connectivity
- 11AC Dual-Band (2.4 + 5.0 GHz) Wi-Fi
- ISDN support
- 4G/LTE data support for internet access on the ground and remote support
- Multiple Wi-Fi network support allows for separate guest and/or VIP networks
- ARINC 429 interfaces for location services, flight tracking/moving maps, and/or avionics monitoring
- Customizable discrete I/O support
- Mounting provision: flange
- Enables stronger login requirements on interfaces into the SDR, including stronger Wi-Fi passwords and brute-force login prevention with CAPTCHA.
- Two channels of Iridium voice, ISDN, and FAX capabilities
- VoIP (Voice over IP) support
- Cellular Data Capable with 3G/4G/LTE on ground
- MIMO capable
- Aviation Certified 802.11 n/ac Wi-Fi capability
- Integrated PBX and advanced IP-based router
- 2-Wire support and 4-Wire flight deck voice interface
- CEPT E1 interfaces
- ARINC 429 interface
- Mounting provision: ARINC 600 2MCU Rack
- Internal storage up to 1TB
Wireless Access Points to Enhance Cabin Networking
The SD Hub Series packs big technology into small, easily installed packages. For speed and range, the WiFi Hubs are built for single SATCOM/ATG support or support the SDR series in larger aircraft.